The Project was designed and constructed to facilitate a basis of dynamic exchange between Southeast Asia, particularly countries in the Mekong sub-region, and Japan about autism and recreation, leisure and sports in line with the Second year (2016) of the proposed 3-year activities.
The First Myanmar Autism Games was organized at the Myanmar Paralympic Sports Federation, Yangon, Myanmar from 7 to 8 December 2016.
The historical event brought together over 700 persons with autism and their family members from all over Myanmar and other ASEAN Member States, and Japan who participated in the field track games and swimming through experience sharing, expertise and knowledge exchanging, as well as valuable time spent together. The event concluded with memorable closing ceremony, which all participants were exchanging contacts for future networking and captured final memories social participation together through recreation, leisure and sports in Myanmar.
- Related Countries
- Japan, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar
- Co-organizer(s), Cooperator(s)
- ASEAN Autism Network (AAN)
- Myanmar Autism Association
- Autism Society Japan
- Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement of Myanmar
- Myanmar Paralympic Sports Federation
- Special Olympics Myanmar